Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, June 3, 2011

The best salsa recipe - Ever!

This was my harvest from yesterday.  Yum!!!  Red and yellow tomatoes.
I know a lot of you don't have the Arizona sunshine yet, so I wanted to share my most favorite recipe of salsa ever. And the best part. Canned tomatoes! So don't worry about the snow, Utah folk! You can still pretend it's summer! (And don't boo me. I swear you will not think of canned tomatoes as a swear word ever again after you try this recipe!) Uncle Jack's famous Salsa. (Who is Uncle Jack anyway? This is my husband's family recipe and there is no Uncle Jack!) 4 can's stewed tomatoes, Mexican style (or 2 large cans) 1 can diced chiles 1/2 jalapeno, seeded (or leave it out!) 1 large green or red pepper, diced 1 small bunch fresh cilantro 1 clove garlic, minced 1 lemon, juice only 2 green onions, chopped 1 Tablespoon cumin salt and pepper to taste Drain most of the liquid from the canned tomatoes. Mix the above ingredients in a food processor for 45 seconds or until chopped coarsely. Best is served at room temperature.
Come back and leave me a comment if you love it!

1 comment: