Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Spooky Silhouettes

Last night I made the cutest spookiest silhouettes of my kids to put up on the mantel.

Aren't they great?

Here's the How to.  First, take a profile picture of your child.  Make sure you have a light background.  Mine was a piece of poster board.


Next, print those photos off and color their faces in with a Sharpie.  I added eyelashes to the girls.

Add on any spooky embellishments, or leave it alone.  I added a witches hat to this one, but you will see another has medusa hair, and my son was turned vampire.  These characters have nothing to do with their personalities in real life.  lol.

Cut around the silhouette and glue it on to white cardstock.  


Stick it in a frame!  I was a little disappointed that mine were a wee bit bigger than my frame.  So make sure you take that into consideration when printing the picture.  I also thought that Bride of Frankenstein and Frankenstein would be great, too.  





Most important, have fun!






5 comments:

BabiesandBargains said...

these are adorable! I would love to make my kids little witches :)

Melissa said...

Absolutely adorable. I love the witch hats especially. I so want to do my kids' silhouettes!!

Sarah @Twin-rific said...

You've inspired me to try this! I see 4 little witches in my immediate future! :) I love this!

Alison Agnew said...

now this
is an adorable idea

i changed mine up a little bit
by printing out the photos
cutting them out
tracing onto black paper
and cutting out again

nothing like doing it the hard way!

but thanks so much for the idea.

alison

dalaset said...

https://www.dolabuy.ru/ replica bags in delhi click here now replica bags dubai replica gucci replica bags ru