Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Patio Potato Salad

Is anyone else planning a Memorial Day BBQ this weekend?  My hubby will be gone to scout camp, but we are still going to have a fun little party.  I'm thinking of grilling some tenderloin (If you haven't tried this yet, what are you waiting for?  SOOOO good!) We also have a family favorite potato salad.  This salad has a little sugar in it, coupled with vinegar.  Yes, I said sugar.  It's kind of sweet and absolutely addicting. It's no secret I HATE mayo, so of course I switch it out for non-fat greek yogurt.  It's healthier, yet keeps that same creaminess you need in potato salad.  If greek yogurt isn't your thing, well feel free to use mayo instead!
Patio Potato Salad (from Taste of Home, tweeked by me) Ingredients: 1/3 cup sugar 1 Tablespoon cornstarch 1 teaspoon ground mustard 1 teaspoon salt 1/2 cup milk 1/4 cup vinegar (I wouldn't use red wine vinegar.  I tried it once and it was weird.) 1 egg 1/4 cup butter, cubed 1/4 cup finely chopped onion 1/4 cup non-fat greek yogurt (Make sure it's plain and not vanilla!  haha!) 7 medium potatoes, red or regular.  Both are good. (cubed and cooked) 3 hard boiled eggs In saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, mustard and salt.  Stir in milk, vinegar and egg until smooth.  Add butter.  Bring to boil, cook and stir until think and bubbly.  (about 2 minutes.)  Cool.  Stir in onions and yogurt. In a large bowl, combine potatoes and hard boiled eggs.  Add dressing and toss to coat.  Refrigerate until ready to serve.  I would suggest at least an hour. Enjoy! Linked today at: Blue Cricket Lil' Luna Somewhat Simple Someday Crafts

No comments: