Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, September 12, 2011

Painted Door (and other stuff)

I did.  I jumped on that bandwagon.  I painted my front door from the inside.

But I didn't just stop there.  I also painted my door knobs.
Melissa over at 320 Sycamore tried it and they ended up looking terrible.  But could mine possibly look any worse than they do now?
After a little research, what I figured out is that the shiny knobs need to be de-glossed.  But look at these babies.  There is no shine left.  The Arizona sun has just eaten them up!
So, I went ahead and cleaned, deglossed and sprayed.  I used primer for a few coats and then a few coats of Rustoleum Oil Rubbed Bronze.

So far....
It's already chipping.  So sad.  It's only been 2 days!  I did have all the supplies, so it was free.
And it DOES look better, if only for a while.
~sigh~
I will need to save up for some new hardware!

But on the bright side, the inside of the door looks fabulous painted gray!
Has anyone else tried this?  And have you had any luck?

2 comments:

Jessa said...

It looks great! You have a cool front door. Mine has this faux stained glass in it and isn't real wood. Gross. The hardware turned out lovely too! Great job!

JACK's house said...

I thinks it looks great! So when arenas going to live closer to each other so I can glean from you ;)