Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Birthday Activities - Ice Cream in a baggie

One of the biggest hits of the 11-year old birthday party last week was ice cream in a baggie.

If messes stress you out, you will definitely want to do this outdoors!  I can't tell you how many puddles of salt water I had around my kitchen.

But the girls said it was the best ice cream they EVER had!

Supplies:
Gallon baggies (1 per person)
sandwich size baggies (1 per person)
ice (we went through 2 big bags of ice for 16 girls)
rock salt, the kind made for ice cream

Ingredients:
1/2 cup half and half, per person
1 splash vanilla, per person
1 Tablespoon sugar, per person

I had the girls get in line and we loaded the ingredients into the little baggies.  Make sure they seal the baggie tight!

Have them fill the Gallon baggie 1/2 full of ice, then add 1/3 cup rock salt.  Put the little baggie inside the big baggie (with the ice and salt!) and zip.  Again, have them make sure it is zipped tight!

Shake!  Just shake, shake, shake!  I think it took around 5 minutes to get the consistency they like.

Take the little bag out of the big bag and pour into a bowl.  It will be a little soft, so I wouldn't recommed a cone.


Delicious!


Linking today at Somewhat Simple , Lil Luna, Every Creative Endeavor, Kitchen Fun, Whipperberry, 30 Handmade Days, Naptime Crafters!

2 comments:

Lytles said...

Looks like fun!

Honey I'm Home Blog said...

Hello Whitney, I'm popping by to say "Hello" because I met you at SNAP. I love your great ideas - especially this ice cream activity. I'm going to give this a try!

Warmly, Michelle